ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say they arrested Derrian Gamill, 18, and Gabriel Torres-Estupinan, 20, on stolen handgun charges in two separate incidents over the weekend.
On Saturday, November 26th, police say the officers approached a “suspicious” subject walking in the 2900 block of West State Street around 1 a.m.
As officers approached, Gamill started running, police say, leading to a foot pursuit which ended in the 200 block of South Horace Avenue.
Gamill was found to be in possession of a defaced handgun, and was taken into custody and booked on charges of Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Possession of a Defaced Firearm, Resisting an Officer, and No Firearm Owner’s Identification Card.
Then, on Sunday, November 27th, police say they stopped Torres-Estupinan’s vehicle for a traffic violation in the 700 block of Montague Street around 10:30 p.m.
During the stop, police say they found a handgun stolen out of San Angelo, Texas, along with a digital scale and a bag of cannabis. Torres-Estupinan resides in San Antonio.
He was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Possession of a Stolen Firearm, and Possession of Cannabis.
Both men were booked into the Winnebago County Jail.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’