ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A 65-year-old man and an ambulance driver were both taken to the hospital following a Monday afternoon crash at Mulford and Riverside.
Rockford Police say they were called to the intersection at 2:15 p.m.
The ambulance was allegedly heading eastbound with its lights and sirens on when it was struck by a car traveling southbound, which failed to yield.
Police say both the 65-year-old driver of the car and the driver of the ambulance were taken for treatment. The passenger in the ambulance was taken to the hospital for his medical condition.
- E. coli outbreak linked to Fresh Express chopped salad kits, health officials warn
- Rockford aldermen review strategy to improve city neighborhoods
- Robinson not a finalist for the Payton Award
- Rockford City Council committee approves plan to save Alpine Pool
- Stockton coaching legend O’Boyle dies