ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The 20-year-old victim in a shooting at the Sleep Inn early Monday morning has died, according to police.
Rockford police responded after shots were fired at the hotel, at 725 Clark Drive, around 1:50 a.m.
Officials say they found the victim on the floor of the lobby, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
Police say the victim was the subject of a targeted attack.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Rockford Police Department at 815-966-2900 or leave an anonymous tip with Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
- Stimulus checks: Mark Cuban pushes for $1,000 payments every 2 weeks
- Early voting begins Thursday in Illinois
- Could polls be wrong? Here’s Trump’s path to winning November’s election
- Watch: Trump says he won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses
- Kenosha shooter’s defense portrays him as ‘American patriot’