ROCK COUNTY, Wis. (WTVO) — A 23-year-old man from Milton, Wisconsin was killed Tuesday morning in a fatal crash on I-39 in Rock County.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says the crash happened around 5 a.m. near mile marker 177.
Authorities say a semi truck was traveling southbound when it was struck from the rear by a Ford F350 pickup, which continued driving until it became disabled in the left lane.
The Ford was then struck from behind by a Chevy Silverado.
The crash blocked both southbound lanes of I-39 for 4 hours.
The driver of the Silverado was killed at the scene.
The 34-year-old driver of the Ford sustained minor injuries.
The name of the victim is behind withheld by police until his family has been notified.
- Rockford apartment fire sends woman to the hospital
- Ice Hogs go bowling for good cause
- Rockford Firefighters sharpen their life saving skills
- Freeport recognizes ‘Voter Awareness Sunday’
- Chicago squad cars collide, six officers injured