ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Three Rockford Public School students could be in line for a prestigious national scholarship.
Drake Vaughn and Victoria Wu, at Auburn, and Caitlin Ehrhardt, at Guilford, have been named as semifinalists for the 2020 National Merit Scholarship.
They join 16,000 students who showed exceptional academic ability and potential for success in college.
More than 31 million scholarships will be awarded to 7,600 students next Spring.
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch