ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Three teens were arrested after allegedly stealing a car from a Mobil gas station and then, when spotted, fleeing from police.
Rockford Police officers said the car was stolen from the Mobil at 1320 N. Main Street around 2 p.m. on Saturday, August 17th.
Around 12:30 a.m. Sunday morning, officers spotted the car at the Citgo Way Low Gas Station at 2914 W. State Street. When officers pulled up, the car took off, leading police on a short high-speed chase before crashing at the intersection of West State Street and Springfield Avenue.
One of the passengers, a 14-year-old female, ran from the vehicle and was arrested a short time later in the 500 block of Waveland Avenue.
The driver, 18-year-old Miracle Smith (pictured), and the 16-year-old female front seat passenger were arrested at the scene.
All three were taken to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Smith was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Possession of a Stolen Vehicle, and Aggravated Fleeing to Elude.
The 16-year old was charged with Criminal Trespass to a Vehicle and Obstructing Identification.
The 14-year-old was charged with Criminal Trespass to a Vehicle and Resisting/Obstructing an Officer.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’