ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say they recovered a stolen handgun after they stopped a car, containing three teenagers, for a traffic violation.
Police say the incident happened around 4:15 a.m. on Sunday morning. The vehicle was driven by a 19-year-old girl.
19-year-old Jovon Hill (pictured) and a 15-year-old juvenile, from Aurora, were passengers.
After the loaded weapon was recovered, all three were taken into custody.
Hill was charged with Possession of a Stolen Firearm, Unlawful Use of Weapons by a Felon, and Unlawful Use of a Weapon.
The 15-year-old was charged with Possession of a Stolen Firearm, Unlawful Use of a Weapon, and no FOID.
The 19-year-old female was released with a traffic citation.
Hill was taken to jail; the 15-year-old to the Juvenile Detention Center.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’