ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police are investigating a shooting in the 800 block of N. Court street in which a 3-year-old was shot in the head and is currently in critical condition, police say.
Rockford Police say the shooting happened around 11:30 a.m. The boy was inside the apartment at the time of the apparent drive-by shooting.
Several bullet holes could be seen in an exterior wall.
Police say there is no suspect information to share at the moment. Several adults were inside the apartment at the time of the shooting and they have been taken to RPD’s District 2 headquarters to be interviewed, a police spokesman said.
- You won’t get a second stimulus check before Election Day, so what now?
- CDC redefines COVID-19 close contact, adds brief encounters
- New Biden ad featuring Sam Elliott takes off on Twitter
- Volunteer in AstraZeneca-Oxford COVID-19 vaccine trial has died, Brazil health authority says
- ‘Hap-hap-happiest Christmas’: Sam’s Club offers virtual shopping experience in ‘Griswold House’