DEKALB, Ill. (WTVO) — Police have arrested 27-year-old Wayne Slater and charged him with the murder of a 32-year-old man who was killed Sunday night.
According to the DeKalb Police Department, officers were called to the 1000 block of W. Hillcrest Drive at 7:47 p.m. where they found the victim suffering from gunshot wounds. He was transported to Northwesten Medicine-Kishwaukee Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators developed Slater as a suspect and arrested him at 11:12 p.m.
Slater was charged with First Degree Murder.
Police say additional charges are expected.
- Wisconsin man arrested after fatal car crash in Milton
- Vehicle crash on intersection of Alpine and State; traffic lights out
- Illinois State Trooper charged in connection with alleged scheme to sell stolen military equipment
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Dakota High School moves to remote learning for two weeks after student tests positive for COVID-19