JANESVILLE, Wis. (WTVO) — 27-year-old Amber Brewer was arrested Thursday in connection with the murder of Jamie Stephens, whose body was dumped along a rural Winnebago roadway in December of 2018.
Winnebago County Sheriff’s Detectives arrested Brewer at her home in the 2300 block of Dartmouth Drive in Janesville.
On October 1st, 2019, the Winnebago County State’s Attorney authorized charges against Brewer for Aggravated Kidnapping, Aggravated Unlawful Restraint, and Concealment of a Homicidal Death.
She was taken to the Rock County Jail.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office says officers were called to the 9200 block of Kanpp Road on December 10th, 2018, around 1:20 p.m. where a body had been found along the side of the road.
The body was identified as 31-year-old Jamie Stephens, who had died of several gunshot wounds.
26-year-old Nickles T. Parks, of Rockford, was previously arrested for Stephens’ murder, and pleaded not guilty to the charge in court.
Police said that Parks shot Stephens multiple times during a robbery of his cellphone, then drove out to Knapp Road to dump the body.
Parks was charged with First Degree Murder, Armed Robbery, and Concealing a Homicidal Death.
19-year-old Joshua Whittie was charged with First Degree Murder, Armed Robbery, and Concealing a Homicidal Death in connection to the crime.
- Ohio police department asks public not to overwhelm dispatch with mask complaints
- Officer told George Floyd: ‘It takes … a lot of oxygen to talk’
- Supreme Court expected to rule on Trump’s tax records today
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after 4-year-old son found adrift on boat in Southern California lake
- As other states’ COVID-19 cases spike health experts say Illinois’ future is in your hands