ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say a 41-year-old man was shot in the 600 block of Concord around 11:15 p.m. Saturday night.
Police say officers responded to a report of shots fired and found one vehicle in the roadway with a bullet hole in the rear window.
Officers say they located a large party nearby, but the attendees were not cooperative.
A short time later, police say an abandoned car was found at the intersection of Concord and Hudson, with the doors open and the keys still inside. A gun was found inside the vehicle, police said.
The victim arrived at a hospital at 11:55 p.m., suffering a gunshot wound to his thigh. The victim allegedly told police he had been in the car, but police said they received conflicting stories from the victim and witnesses.
- Rockford police investigate overnight shooting
- Temperatures tumble Friday morning
- Winnebago County nursing home to accept residents from other counties
- Man behind murder at Machesney Park bar found guilty by jury
- Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain possible for some Thursday night