FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — An oubreak of COVID-19 cases has caused 50 residents to be evacuated from Walnut Acres long-term care center, at 2946 S Walnut Rd.
Families have already been contacted, Walnut Acres representatives said, and changes are being made inside the facility.
Among them, group activities have been canceled and residents will now eat meals in their rooms. Visitors will no longer be allowed, including outdoor guests.
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch