ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police are investigating a strong armed robbery which happened late Thursday afternoon.
Around 6:55 p.m., police say they were called to 6th Street and 10th Avenue where they met with a 59-year-old man who had been robbed.
The victim told police he was walking down the street when two suspects approached him. The victim said one of the men talked to him while the other attempted to steal his wallet. After a struggle, the suspects fled with both the victim’s wallet and cell phone.
Police say the victim was not seriously injured in the attack.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Rockford Police at 815-966-2900 or leave an anonymous tip with Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
- Verdict in Chauvin trial incoming
- Michigan father angry, moves schools after teacher cuts biracial daughter’s hair
- Rattlesnake bites California man who tried to pick it up with BBQ tongs
- ICU bed availability remains low in Region 1
- 1 dead, 2 injured in New York supermarket shooting; police searching for suspect