ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford officials have shuttered and condemned the Rodeway Inn, at 3909 11th Street, after multiple people were arrested during a raid on Thursday, July 9th.
Rockford Police say they had received numerous complaints of drug dealing, drug use, prostitution, and weapons at the motel over several months.
Law enforcement executed a search warrant at 9 a.m. and say they found drugs, drug paraphernalia and needles were recovered.
The building was condemned and the business shut down after building inspectors found violations within.
Nine people were arrested, including:
George Ives, 75, on a Failure to Appear Warrant.
Jaru Ducksworth, 18, on a Failure to Appear Warrant for Probation Violation.
Reggie Jones, 42, on a Theft warrant and a citation for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
Robert Charping, 60, on a Boone County DUI warrant and a McHenry County burglary warrant.
Barnabas Israel, 42, for a traffic related warrant.
Hannah Moore, 33, on a Stephenson County traffic warrant.
Timothy Daniel, 33, for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
Chelsea Bankord, 33, on a Winnebago County warrant.
Thedell Tomlinson, 37, for Possession of Cocaine.
- Rock County officials ask Trump to cancel Janesville appearance, citing COVID-19 surge
- Senate Dems concerned about future of Affordable Care Act
- NASA’s new $23 million titanium space toilet ready to blast off for testing
- ‘Murder Hornet’ sightings confirmed in Washington State
- ‘He was best at unconditional love’: Obit for Charlie the golden retriever goes viral