ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford home nearly burned down in an early morning fire on Wednesday.
The fire happened just before 3:30 a.m. in a house on Ashwinton Way, near Alpine and Route 20.
An investigation found that someone inside the home accidentally started the blaze. Everyone inside the home got out safely and no one was hurt.
The house was left without power. Investigators say the fire caused about $25,000 worth of damage.
- Gilbert and Hagel Return to IceHogs from Chicago Blackhawks
- Martin Luther King Day event encourages voter registration
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Delia and Gagne Lead Hogs to Shutout Win Over Wolves
- Overnight Café houses people in need during cold nights