ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) ─ A Rockford man is arrested on drug charges after a months long investigation by the Rockford Police Narcotics Unit and Drug Enforcement Agency.
Vernell Williams, 35, is charged with Possession with Intent to Deliver Heroin and Possession with Intent to Deliver Fentanyl.
On the morning of February 26th, 2020, officers executed search warrants at homes in Rockford and South Beloit.
During the search officers say they found over 1,500 grams of heroin and over 140 grams of fentanyl. Equipment used to repackage the drugs and money were also reportedly found.
Williams is being held in the Winnebago County Jail without bond.
- Could a blood test for COVID-19 antibodies help reopen the economy?
- Wisconsin closes 40 state parks, recreational areas
- Husband of woman who invited teen to Thanksgiving after accidental text dies of COVID-19
- ‘Full House’ cast recreates opening as ‘Full Quarantine’
- LISTEN: 31 people virtually sing ‘It is Well with My Soul’