ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Police say 24-year-old Stephon Hambrick was arrested for residential burglary after the homeowner’s alarm system alerted her to the break in.
Rockford Police said officers responded to the home, in the 2700 block of Bildah, around 12:45 p.m on Friday.
The homeowner, who was not at home, was notified by her alarm system that that a window had been opened.
According to police, they arrested Hambrick as he fled on foot.
He was charged with Residential Burglary and Resisting Arrest.
- SEE IT: Simulation shows how cough can spread coronavirus in grocery stores
- ‘Despite best possible sanitation’, 2 residents test positive for COVID-19 at Rockford nursing home
- Virus prompts Cook County to open warehouse to store bodies
- Truck drivers find signs they’re not welcome while delivering the goods we need
- Wind Advisory Issued, Wind Whipped Snow Showers Possible