OREGON, Ill. (WTVO) — Rocky Lara, 23, who is wanted in Ogle County for the alleged sexual assault of a child in 2019, was captured in Mississippi this weekend, according to law enforcement.
The Ogle County Sheriff’s Office says Lara had an outstanding warrant for the charge of Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault of a Child in 2019.
He was found living in Columbia, Mississippi and was arrested on July 30th by the Columbia Police Department. From there, he was taken to the Marion County Jail, where he awaits extradition to Illinois.
- Michigan mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Illinois health officials report 5,343 new cases of COVID-19, 130 deaths on Saturday
- Governors’ anger grows as federal vaccine stockpile vanishes
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander