FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Freeport Police have arrested 46-year-old Karlos Evans on felony charges after he allegedly stole bottles of vodka from Cub Foods on three separate occasions.
Police say the incidents took place between June 4th and July 17th.
The total value of the stolen items was $42.97, according to police, who say Evans’ felony charge upgrade is due to the result of Evans having a prior conviction for retail theft in Stephenson County.
At the time of his arrest, Evans was already in the Stephenson County Jail for multiple other charges, police say.
- Behind-the-scenes of Rockford Dance Company’s ‘The Nutcracker’ rehearsal
- Rock House Kids will soon be able to welcome more children through their doors
- East E-Rabs hold off Belvidere in NIC-10 opener
- Disney has ‘room to build another Disneyland’ in California city, chairman says
- American diplomat Henry Kissinger dies at 100