FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Freeport Police have arrested 46-year-old Karlos Evans on felony charges after he allegedly stole bottles of vodka from Cub Foods on three separate occasions.
Police say the incidents took place between June 4th and July 17th.
The total value of the stolen items was $42.97, according to police, who say Evans’ felony charge upgrade is due to the result of Evans having a prior conviction for retail theft in Stephenson County.
At the time of his arrest, Evans was already in the Stephenson County Jail for multiple other charges, police say.
- McDonald’s manager allegedly quits mid-shift, informs customers via sign posted in drive-thru lane
- Video: Young children caught between masked gunman, victim nearly shot on New York sidewalk
- WHO accused of sexism for suggesting women of ‘childbearing age’ shouldn’t drink
- Wary Rockton residents return home for first time since Monday’s Chemtool plant fire
- Pritzker signs bill to make mail-in voting permanent in Illinois