LEE COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — Retail giant Amazon has chosen Lee County to be the home of a new renewable energy project.
The company says the solar energy farm is part of its larger initiative to reduce its carbon footprint.
Three farms will be built: the other two are in Virginia and in Spain.
Once complete, the Lee County farm will provide power for Amazon’s fulfillment network and web service data centers.
No word has been given yet on when construction will begin.
- ‘Glory Days’: East 1974 State Champions
- ‘Overtime’ spotlight: Boylan swimmer Nhia Caras
- Get To Know Hononegah’s Finley Hamilton
- Rockford group helping those in need fights to reopen after being shut down by city
- Retired Winnebago Co. Judge Rosemary Collins reacts to death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg