LEE COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — Retail giant Amazon has chosen Lee County to be the home of a new renewable energy project.
The company says the solar energy farm is part of its larger initiative to reduce its carbon footprint.
Three farms will be built: the other two are in Virginia and in Spain.
Once complete, the Lee County farm will provide power for Amazon’s fulfillment network and web service data centers.
No word has been given yet on when construction will begin.
- You’ll Want To Check Out The New Discovery Town At The Discovery Center Museum
- Choice Furniture to shut down at CherryVale Mall
- An Evening Of Hope Telethon For The Rockford Rescue Mission Is Right Here On WTVO
- Gorgeous Rentals Ready For You At Siena Crossings
- Inspiration, The GDS House Quartet, Has A Fun Valentine Idea For You