LEE COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — Retail giant Amazon has chosen Lee County to be the home of a new renewable energy project.
The company says the solar energy farm is part of its larger initiative to reduce its carbon footprint.
Three farms will be built: the other two are in Virginia and in Spain.
Once complete, the Lee County farm will provide power for Amazon’s fulfillment network and web service data centers.
No word has been given yet on when construction will begin.
- ACLU defends Pritzker’s move to prioritize prisoner vaccinations
- Legendary quarterbacks to be center-stage for NFC Championship game
- Lester agrees to deal with Nationals
- Restaurants welcome back employees with return of indoor dining in Rockford region
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional