LEE COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — Retail giant Amazon has chosen Lee County to be the home of a new renewable energy project.
The company says the solar energy farm is part of its larger initiative to reduce its carbon footprint.
Three farms will be built: the other two are in Virginia and in Spain.
Once complete, the Lee County farm will provide power for Amazon’s fulfillment network and web service data centers.
No word has been given yet on when construction will begin.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor