AMBOY, Ill. (WTVO) — Amboy schools will be letting out early Wednesday due to excessive heat.
Amboy School District Superintendent Joshua Nichols announced that the school’s early dismissal policy is in effect as the heat index is expected to exceed 92 degrees by 1 p.m.
Amboy Junior High will dismiss at 2:05 p.m., Central will dismiss at 2:10 p.m., and the High School at 2:20 p.m.
Afternoon preschool, Early Childhood Education, and WACC are canceled as well.
Athletics and other extracurriculars are not canceled.
The district says they are continuing to monitor internal classroom temperatures throughout the day, as classrooms were already at 87 degrees by 7 a.m.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80