AMBOY, Ill. (WTVO) — Amboy schools will be letting out early Wednesday due to excessive heat.
Amboy School District Superintendent Joshua Nichols announced that the school’s early dismissal policy is in effect as the heat index is expected to exceed 92 degrees by 1 p.m.
Amboy Junior High will dismiss at 2:05 p.m., Central will dismiss at 2:10 p.m., and the High School at 2:20 p.m.
Afternoon preschool, Early Childhood Education, and WACC are canceled as well.
Athletics and other extracurriculars are not canceled.
The district says they are continuing to monitor internal classroom temperatures throughout the day, as classrooms were already at 87 degrees by 7 a.m.
- ‘Tired of being divided’: Garth Brooks to sing at Biden inaugural
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief
- NIU’s Trayvon Rudolph named to Freshman All-America team
- Super Bowl Experience construction ramps up along Tampa Riverwalk
- Another round of light snow Tuesday afternoon