AMBOY, Ill. (WTVO) — Amboy schools will be letting out early Wednesday due to excessive heat.
Amboy School District Superintendent Joshua Nichols announced that the school’s early dismissal policy is in effect as the heat index is expected to exceed 92 degrees by 1 p.m.
Amboy Junior High will dismiss at 2:05 p.m., Central will dismiss at 2:10 p.m., and the High School at 2:20 p.m.
Afternoon preschool, Early Childhood Education, and WACC are canceled as well.
Athletics and other extracurriculars are not canceled.
The district says they are continuing to monitor internal classroom temperatures throughout the day, as classrooms were already at 87 degrees by 7 a.m.
- Blind, deaf poodle scooped up by hawk finds her way back home 28 hours later
- Loved ones say goodbye to Milwaukee family found dead after Amber Alert
- Local police warn about new phone scams
- Several local wrestlers leave Champaign as state champs
- Storm System to Follow Weekend Warmup