ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — An anonymous donor dropped off a unique gift to a local non-profit.
The silver bar was donated to the Salvation Army of Winnebago County. The 10 oz. bar is worth about $235.
Administrators tell us that it’s enough to pay for 14 bags of groceries for local families in need.
It comes at a critical time. According to the Salvation Army, food assistance requests have jumped 500% since March.
The non-profit launched its Red Kettle Program early this year to help. 70% of the Salvation Army’s funding is raised during the holiday season.
- Bottom line: Surprise ambulance trips cost big bucks
- Last week saw highest ever level of global COVID cases over 7-day period
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for tweet on Chauvin verdict
- Roscoe community debates special wedding venue approval for Hidden Creek Estates
- After K9 Loki’s death, new bill to protect police and service dogs passes Illinois House