ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Local celebrities came out for a good game of basketball all in the name of providing winter gear for those who need it most.
Rockford University held the Blazo 8th Annual Local Celebrity Basketball game.
IL State Senator Steve Stadelman and Alderman Bill Rose were among some of the celebs, with Fred VanVleet’s company Bet On Yourself serving as one of the celeb coaches. Organizers say this game is important to bring positivity to Rockford.
“It brings together different cultural backgrounds different ethnicities, things of that nature and we need that in Rockford more positive events combining everybody.” Said Michael Relerford, Founder of Swago Society
Proceeds from Sunday’s game is going to purchase winter coats and other gear for Rockford residents.
- IceHogs Drop Final Game Before All-Star Break
- Multiple fire crews respond to Village of Winnebago house fire
- Bill Murray returns to Woodstock 28 years after filming “Groundhog Day”, shoots Jeep commercial
- Mid-town Gyro House now open
- Fire on Gregory St. causes $5,000 in damages