ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Local celebrities came out for a good game of basketball all in the name of providing winter gear for those who need it most.
Rockford University held the Blazo 8th Annual Local Celebrity Basketball game.
IL State Senator Steve Stadelman and Alderman Bill Rose were among some of the celebs, with Fred VanVleet’s company Bet On Yourself serving as one of the celeb coaches. Organizers say this game is important to bring positivity to Rockford.
“It brings together different cultural backgrounds different ethnicities, things of that nature and we need that in Rockford more positive events combining everybody.” Said Michael Relerford, Founder of Swago Society
Proceeds from Sunday’s game is going to purchase winter coats and other gear for Rockford residents.
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Illinois surpasses 200k cases of COVID-19, 24 additional deaths announced on Thursday
- Welsh Elementary Golden Apple winner says award is helping her become a better teacher