ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Police say the man who was shot Friday evening by officers is in stable yet critical condition.
The Winnebago County Integrity Task Force is in charge of the investigation. A group of protesters have gathered outside Rockford City Hall since Saturday. Demonstrators with the May 30th Alliance hosted a sit-in there Monday afternoon.
A video on the group’s Facebook page shows the demonstration ending in arrests. On Tuesday, officials confirmed that six individuals were charged.
Officials say that the police received complaints about the protesters blocking the public entrance and disturbing citizens who entered and exited City Hall.
Police say they directed the protesters to relocate to the designated protest zone before arrests were made.
The individuals and charges are listed below:
Ariel Perez, 20, Criminal Trespass, Obstructing
Ajia Penix, 32, Criminal Trespass, Obstructing
Ashley Karsten, 22, Assault, Disorderly Conduct
Antar Baker, 45, Criminal Trespass, Obstructing
Dayna Schultz, 24, Criminal Trespass, Aggravated Intimidation of a Peace Officer (2 counts)
Resisting Arrest (2 counts), Aggravated Battery to a Peace Officer
Leslie Rolfe, 29, Rockford Criminal Trespass, Obstructing
- Big Time Sports: Big Ten’s last unbeaten falls as race to the top tightens
- Democrats support President Joe Biden’s executive orders, Republicans critical of changes
- Rockford Police Department swears in 11 new recruits
- Belvidere school administrators receive top honors
- Police arrest alleged Rockford drug dealer