BELOIT, Wis. (WTVO) — Beloit Police say they arrested Marquayl Shields, 24, at an apartment complex in the 2200 block of Burton Street yesterday, after he barricaded himself inside the building for several hours.
Officials say law enforcement was negotiating with Shileds, who had a warrant out for his arrest. Shields has been on Beloit PD’s wanted list for weeks, police said.
Shields was taken into custody after “several hours of negotiations,” police said.
He was charged with a parole violation warrant, felony possession of a firearm by a felon, domestic abuse/battery, intentionally pointing a firearm at someone/domestic abuse, disorderly conduct, and fleeing.
- Lingering rain/snow showers Tuesday evening; Scattered rain/snow showers Wednesday
- 15-year-old girl reportedly killed in officer-involved shooting in Ohio
- Qualified immunity proposal losing traction in Illinois capitol
- Chauvin likely to appeal, claiming trial tainted by civil settlement, media coverage
- Police search for suspect from Rockford jewelry store burglary