BELOIT, Wis. (WTVO) — Two people, including a Beloit substitute teacher and football coach, have been arrested in a heroin-dealing operation, according to police.
Beloit Police say 41-year-old Laura Smith and 42-year-old Percival Smith were arrested in a parking lot in the 1700 block of Madison Road on Tuesday during a drug investigation.
Percival Smith is a permanent substitute teacher and football coach at McNeel Intermediate School.
Laura Smith faces charges of Possession of Heroin with Intent to Deliver, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Drug Loitering.
Percival Smith is charged with Party to a Crime Possession of Heroin with Intent to Deliver, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and Drug Loitering.
- Rockford church gives students a quiet place (and free Wifi) to work on e-learning claswork
- Central Illinois workers rescued after being trapped on malfunctioning scaffolding 200 feet in air
- Local police warn of more scam calls—what to be aware of
- Protests break out in Louisville and across the country after Breonna Taylor case announcement
- 2 officers shot in Louisville during protests, expected to recover