ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 33-year-old April Vance, of Beloit, was charged with burglary in Rockford.
Rockford Police say earlier Friday, at 11:30 a.m., they were called to an in-progress burglary at a home in the 400 block of Webster Avenue. Two suspects, a male and a female, were seen running from the area.
Police say they located Vance hiding in the area of Mulberry Street and Sunset Avenue.
Lewis Lemon Elementary school, at 1993 Mulberry Street, was briefly put on lockdown while police conducted their search in the area.
Vance was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
The male suspect remains at large. Anyone with information is asked to call Rockford Police at 815-966-2900 or Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
- Winnebago County recommends quarantine for travelers from 20 states, including Wisconsin
- Rockford Public Schools push back start date, make other changes
- 5-year-old shot dead at point blank range by neighbor
- Ohio UPS store owner personally drives package to Florida to ensure on-time delivery
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August