ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 33-year-old April Vance, of Beloit, was charged with burglary in Rockford.
Rockford Police say earlier Friday, at 11:30 a.m., they were called to an in-progress burglary at a home in the 400 block of Webster Avenue. Two suspects, a male and a female, were seen running from the area.
Police say they located Vance hiding in the area of Mulberry Street and Sunset Avenue.
Lewis Lemon Elementary school, at 1993 Mulberry Street, was briefly put on lockdown while police conducted their search in the area.
Vance was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
The male suspect remains at large. Anyone with information is asked to call Rockford Police at 815-966-2900 or Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
- Nickelodeon and Netflix confirm multi-year deal
- Meet Narwhal, the puppy found with a tail growing out of his head
- Rockford woman in critical condition, dog feared dead after house fire
- School staff to be charged with manslaughter in death of boy with autism
- Meridian School District gives substitute teachers a raise to address shortage