ROCK COUNTY, Wis. (WTVO) — The Rock County Medical Examiner has released the name of Rachelle M. Demet, 29, of Beloit, as the victim in a deadly dump truck accident on Monday.
The Rock County Sheriff’s Office says Demet failed to stop at a stop sign on N. Coon Island road and struck a loaded Mack dump truck that was westbound on W CTH B.
Police say Demet and a 5-year-old were thrown from the vehicle. A 2-month-old girl in the Dodge Charger suffered no injuries.
Demet was pronounced dead at the scene. The 5-year-old was taken to the hospital with critical injuries, police say.
The driver of the dump truck, a 42-year-old Beloit man, suffered no injuries.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80