ROCK COUNTY, Wis. (WTVO) — The Rock County Medical Examiner has released the name of Rachelle M. Demet, 29, of Beloit, as the victim in a deadly dump truck accident on Monday.
The Rock County Sheriff’s Office says Demet failed to stop at a stop sign on N. Coon Island road and struck a loaded Mack dump truck that was westbound on W CTH B.
Police say Demet and a 5-year-old were thrown from the vehicle. A 2-month-old girl in the Dodge Charger suffered no injuries.
Demet was pronounced dead at the scene. The 5-year-old was taken to the hospital with critical injuries, police say.
The driver of the dump truck, a 42-year-old Beloit man, suffered no injuries.
- Le-Win’s Arand, Winnebago’s Murphy express frustration over paused high school sports
- Web Extra: Full interview with Ric Arand on IHSA sports still being paused
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- My Take: Picking the NFL’s Divisional Playoff games
- Cubs agree to terms on contracts with three players