BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — The next Belvidere Ward 2 Alderman will be chosen by a coin toss after each candidate received exactly the same number of votes.
The race between Daniel Arevalo and Natalie Mulhall is tied at 105 to 105 votes, with 100% of precincts reporting, according to the Boone County Clerk.
- Bottom line: Surprise ambulance trips cost big bucks
- Last week saw highest ever level of global COVID cases over 7-day period
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for tweet on Chauvin verdict
- Roscoe community debates special wedding venue approval for Hidden Creek Estates
- After K9 Loki’s death, new bill to protect police and service dogs passes Illinois House
By Illinois statute, the race will be decided by lot — meaning chance will determine the winner. The coin toss will be held at 3:30 p.m. at the Boone County Administration Building on Friday, February 26th.