BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — The Belvidere Chrysler assembly plant has shut down temporarily due to a lack of orders, according to a company spokesperson.
The plant was shut down to align production with demand, according to the company.
Regular production schedules will resume on Tuesday, September 3rd.
The company previously laid off more than a thousand workers in May.
- Belvidere man one of 3 Illinois men killed in weekend snowmobile accidents in Wisconsin
- Illinois recreational cannabis sales revenue totaled over $10M in first month
- Rockford youth hockey team win’s NIHL Championship
- LIVE: Los Angeles honors Kobe, Gianna Bryant with public memorial
- Police hope to identify suspect in Winnebago County cell phone store fraud