MARENGO, Ill. (WTVO) — 49-year-old Harold E. Switzer, Jr and 26-year-old Harold Switzer III were killed Tuesday in a fiery rollover crash on I-90, according to the Illinois State Police.
Officials say their black Pontiac was traveling west on I-90 at 10:59 p.m. when, for unknown reasons, it left the roadway and overturned several times, becoming engulfed in flames.
Both men were ejected from the vehicle and suffered fatal injuries, police said.
Both men are from Belvidere.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Exploring the rich athletics history of Beloit College as it marks 100 years in the MWC
- Fourth grader in New Mexico forced to walk to school for internet
- New report says Byron power plant shutdown would cost over 2,300 jobs
- Rockford applying for new bike path grant, but not all residents are on board
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say