MARENGO, Ill. (WTVO) — 49-year-old Harold E. Switzer, Jr and 26-year-old Harold Switzer III were killed Tuesday in a fiery rollover crash on I-90, according to the Illinois State Police.
Officials say their black Pontiac was traveling west on I-90 at 10:59 p.m. when, for unknown reasons, it left the roadway and overturned several times, becoming engulfed in flames.
Both men were ejected from the vehicle and suffered fatal injuries, police said.
Both men are from Belvidere.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Rockford Police investigate Auburn St. shooting
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”