BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — A piece of community history is back in Belvidere after years hidden away.
The Native American sculptures known as “Chaos in Camp” are now on display.
They were rededicated earlier this month as part of the Belvidere Park District’s 100th Anniversary.
The pieces were restored by park staff and local sculptor.
Once on display along the shore of the Belvidere Park’s Mill Race, the display has a new location too. You can see them next ti the park’s Lincoln Avenue headquarters.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor