BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — 19-year-old Joel Perez has been arrested on multiple sexual assault charges after an 11 month long investigation by Belvidere Police.
Police say in December 2019, the Belvidere Police Department received a report that Perez allegedly sexually assaulted a juvenile female.
Perez was arrested on Friday after officers executed a search warrant in the 200 block of Warren Avenue.
He has been charged with Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault, Criminal Sexual Assault, and two counts of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse.
He faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted.
- Keep the mask: A vaccine won’t end the US crisis right away
- 10-year-old Louisiana boy sets up hot cocoa stand for nonprofit
- Viral Arkansas police officer on a mission to make a difference
- FDA authorizes first at-home coronavirus test
- Women detained for speaking Spanish in Montana store settle lawsuit with U.S. border agency