BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — 40-year-old Justin Owens was sentenced to 6 years in prison Friday for Aggravated Battery to a Police Officer.
Belvidere Police say they were called to a residence on September 12th for a domestic dispute.
According to police, Owens was asked to put his hands behind his back but refused to cooperate, resulting in officers knocking him to the ground. Police say he head-butted one of them in the mouth.
When Owens is released, he will be subject to two years of mandatory supervised release.
- Rockford police announce arrests after robberies, several shootings over the weekend
- Rockford Rivets hopeful of resuming their season on Thursday
- Local financial expert shares tips for college students
- Fallen Rockford detective remembered 19 years later
- Annual Sturgis rally in expecting 250K, stirring virus concerns