BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — 40-year-old Justin Owens was sentenced to 6 years in prison Friday for Aggravated Battery to a Police Officer.
Belvidere Police say they were called to a residence on September 12th for a domestic dispute.
According to police, Owens was asked to put his hands behind his back but refused to cooperate, resulting in officers knocking him to the ground. Police say he head-butted one of them in the mouth.
When Owens is released, he will be subject to two years of mandatory supervised release.
- Blackhawks Reassign Sikura
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Inmate kills convicted child molester, officials say
- 49ers, Packers on verge of Super Bowl return