BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — 55-year-old Joseph Thompson was sentenced to 72 years in prison Thursday for sharing child pornography online.
In April 2017, Belvidere Police received information from the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force that a person in Belvidere was believed to be sharing child pornography using an AOL account.
Police obtained a search warrant for the AOL records, which led them to Thompson. Explicit photos were included as attachments in the emails, police said.
When police searched Thompson’s house, they discovered more child pornography on his computer.
He was found guilty on 12 counts of Dissemination of Child Pornography, each carrying a sentence between 4-15 years, which will be served consecutively.
- New Illinois coronavirus restrictions for Region 1 begin Saturday
- Louisiana man accused of hiding in Florida 15-year-old’s bedroom, having sex since August
- Missouri man charged with killing wife after 4 prior domestic reports
- Former ComEd VP pleads guilty to bribery charges in Madigan investigation
- Central Illinois teen charged with suffocating her infant daughter