BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Belvidere Police say they are working with the FBI to track down suspects who installed credit card skimming devices at a local Mobil gas station.
According to police, the devices were found at the Mobil Gas Station at 171 Appleton Road.
Credit card skimmers are electronic devices which appear as a standard credit card receptacle, but are used to copy credit card information.
“We ask anyone that has had an incident or incidents involving credit card fraud after purchasing gas from the Mobil Gas Station at 171 Appleton Road, contact the Belvidere Police Department at 815-544-2135 to speak with an officer and file a report,” police said.
Police say citizens should inspect pumps prior to using them. “Review your bank statements regularly and report any suspicious activity to your local police department,” police said.
- Rockford area basketball scores for Thursday, February 25
- Miller removes anarchist militia decal from pickup truck, claims ignorance
- E-Rabs keep rolling, defeat Boylan for fifth straight win
- Hononegah out of quarantine flourishes at Auburn
- No buzzer-beater required this time, Amboy girls roll against Eastland