BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Belvidere Police are warning residents of a scam after reports of individuals receiving traffic tickets by email.
Police say an email is circulating which tells the recipient they have 72 hours to pay for a speeding ticket.
The message allegedly also contains the location where the “violation” occurred.
The email then links to EasyPayCenter.
Police say they will never email tickets to residents, warning recipients to disregard the message and not to pay the fine.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’