BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Belvidere Police are warning residents of a scam after reports of individuals receiving traffic tickets by email.
Police say an email is circulating which tells the recipient they have 72 hours to pay for a speeding ticket.
The message allegedly also contains the location where the “violation” occurred.
The email then links to EasyPayCenter.
Police say they will never email tickets to residents, warning recipients to disregard the message and not to pay the fine.
- President Trump to hold news conference on US coronavirus threat Wednesday evening
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Rockford holding hiring event this weekend
- VIDEO: Reporter accidentally goes live with face filters turned on
- Get ready to ‘Spring Forward’ on March 8, 2020
- 7-year-old girl dies one minute into surgery to get her tonsils removed