ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rock River Valley Blood Center reported that blood supplies are critically low this week, and that donations are needed.
RRVBC is asking for eligible donors to make an appointment.
Officials say that blood donations are being delivered to hospitals faster than donations are coming in.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center provides blood to all of the Rockford hospitals, as well as Belvidere, Beloit and Rochelle.
According to officials donating whole blood is a safe, simple process that will take up to an hour of time.
RRVBC asks that potential donors weigh at least 110 pounds and be at least 17 years old.
All blood types are needed, RRVBC asks that you call 815-965-8751 or visit rrvbc.org to schedule an appointment at any of their DonorCenters.
- Mild Weekend, Cool Week, Dry All Around
- ‘Small Business Saturday’ even more important in times of COVID-19
- New Santa Clara County COVID health order leaves 49ers without home
- Local store creates custom candle for Rockford City Market, will donate proceeds
- Rockford ‘Stroll on State’ starts with a bang