ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rock River Valley Blood Center reported that blood supplies are critically low this week, and that donations are needed.
RRVBC is asking for eligible donors to make an appointment.
Officials say that blood donations are being delivered to hospitals faster than donations are coming in.
The Rock River Valley Blood Center provides blood to all of the Rockford hospitals, as well as Belvidere, Beloit and Rochelle.
According to officials donating whole blood is a safe, simple process that will take up to an hour of time.
RRVBC asks that potential donors weigh at least 110 pounds and be at least 17 years old.
All blood types are needed, RRVBC asks that you call 815-965-8751 or visit rrvbc.org to schedule an appointment at any of their DonorCenters.
- Hononegah ready to take a shot at a three-peat
- Rockford aldermen consider new non-profit to help homeless with affordable housing
- Rockford street name changed in honor of Louie Maffioli
- Thursday’s vote determines strike at Chrysler in Belvidere
- Police need help locating stolen motorcycle