CARROLL COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — Police have identified 46-year-old Keith Heidenreich, of Freeport, as the man found dead in the Mississippi River in Carroll County on Wednesday.
Around 8:20 a.m. Wednesday, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office received a call that a body was found in the Mississippi River.
Emergency crews responded to Millers Boat Landing located at 6898 Marina Road, about four miles north of Savanna.
Officials found Heidenreich’s body near the edge of the river.
- More than 8 million COVID-19 vaccines administered in Illinois
- Chicago Mayor Lightfoot addresses resignation rumors, will serve “today, tomorrow and into the future”
- After the COVID vaccine: Will you need a booster shot?
- More Texans would support Matthew McConaughey for governor over Greg Abbott, poll shows
- Police: FedEx shooter legally bought guns used in shooting
The Sheriff’s Office called the death ‘suspicious in nature.’ Northwest Illinois Critical Incident Response Team is investigating.
Anyone with information can contact the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office at 815-244-2635.
The Savanna Police Department, Savanna Fire Department, Savanna Community Ambulance, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Police, Illinois State Police Crime Scene Services, and Joe Daviess County Sheriff’s Office assisted at the scene.