ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner says a body has been found in the Rock River near Marinelli Field.
According to Coroner Bill Hintz, his office was contacted at 12:15 p.m. on Thursday.
Hintz says the body is that of an adult male who has been in the river for some time.
Efforts to identify the deceased are underway.
Marinelli Field is located at 115 15th Avenue.
- PHOTOS: Hard Rock Stadium transformed for Super Bowl LIV
- Family searching for mystery man who gifted 11-year-old with Mahomes jersey at Arrowhead
- Garoppolo takes lessons from Brady into 1st Super Bowl start
- Erin Andrews opens up about crying on the sidelines at the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl score could earn you free pizza