ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner says a body has been found in the Rock River near Marinelli Field.
According to Coroner Bill Hintz, his office was contacted at 12:15 p.m. on Thursday.
Hintz says the body is that of an adult male who has been in the river for some time.
Efforts to identify the deceased are underway.
Marinelli Field is located at 115 15th Avenue.
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch