BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — The Boone County Sheriff’s Department says a Minnesota man and woman were arrested Tuesday near the Belvidere Oasis after a K-9 officer found cocaine and heroin in their car.
According to police, deputies pulled the couple over on I-90.
Tommie Mays, 49, of Woodbury, Minnesota, was charged with one count of Unlawful Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance and one count of Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance.
Dominique Gonyea, 27, of Minnetonka, Minnesota, was charged with two counts of Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance.
Both suspects are being held at the Boone County Jail. Police say the investigation is ongoing and further charges are possible.
- Democrats elect Rep. Robin Kelly to run state party operation
- President Biden’s COVID aid package meets divided Senate
- Friends dance in hospital parking lot for Rockford woman on last day of chemotherapy
- SUV in California crash where 13 died came through hole in border fence
- Illinois bill aimed at ending ‘puppy mills’ could shutter pet stores