ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A national anti-poverty organization held an informational meeting at the YMCA of Rock River Valley on Wednesday.
“Bridges Out of Poverty” is a national antipoverty organization that helps people move toward upward mobility.
“Our social and human services agencies are excited to be a part of it. Our churches are excited to be a part of it and I think it’s something everyone can really rally around and really help to reduce poverty at a community-wide level, all by working together,” said Mary Cacioppi, the executive director of One Body Collaboratives.
One Body Collaboratives maintains partnerships between local churches and, along with Transform Rockford, helped bring “Bridges Out of Poverty” to the Forest City.
The group will hold a community workshop early next year.
- Rockford Housing Authority temporarily closes offices after employee tests positive
- Rodgers leads Packers into title game with 32-18 win vs Rams
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- Iowa teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant