BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Hundreds of people come out to enjoy Rockford’s weekly City Market, so now Belvidere is following suit with their own street fest.
The newly revitalized Buchanan Street will be the site of Buchanan Street Strolls.
The inaugural stroll happened today, August 18th.
The fest will have local vendors and shops, live music, bags tournaments and family activities.
Organizers are hoping that the event will have a similar economic impact like Rockford’s City Market.
Annually the City Market draws 11,000 people to its downtown area. Adding over $5 million to the local economy.
Belvidere residents like Jayme Carlson, were looking forward to coming to the first Street Stroll.
“This festival is absolutely perfect for this because you can see the downtown area we’ve got now that’s developing and the band and this is the perfect outdoor summer time activity,” Carlson said.
The next Street Strolls will take place from 1-6 p.m. on September 8th & 22nd and October 6th.
- Stateline’s furry residents are able to take pictures with Santa
- Rockford organizations, helping those in need, receive a financial boost from D.C.
- Krispy Kreme introduces ‘Easy as Pie’ doughnuts for Thanksgiving
- USPS launches site to adopt Santa’s letters and provide gifts for needy kids
- Light Wintry Mix Possible Overnight Monday, into Tuesday Morning