BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Hundreds of people come out to enjoy Rockford’s weekly City Market, so now Belvidere is following suit with their own street fest.
The newly revitalized Buchanan Street will be the site of Buchanan Street Strolls.
The inaugural stroll happened today, August 18th.
The fest will have local vendors and shops, live music, bags tournaments and family activities.
Organizers are hoping that the event will have a similar economic impact like Rockford’s City Market.
Annually the City Market draws 11,000 people to its downtown area. Adding over $5 million to the local economy.
Belvidere residents like Jayme Carlson, were looking forward to coming to the first Street Stroll.
“This festival is absolutely perfect for this because you can see the downtown area we’ve got now that’s developing and the band and this is the perfect outdoor summer time activity,” Carlson said.
The next Street Strolls will take place from 1-6 p.m. on September 8th & 22nd and October 6th.
- Parents learn the proper way to seat belt their children in
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’