BYRON, Ill. (WTVO) — Many of our troops won’t be home for the holidays, so Byron Bank is accepting donations to send care packages to those serving overseas.
The bank is asking for donations of protein bars, beef jerky, instant coffee, and hygiene items.
Byron Bank President Brent Baker said, “In most small communities, we have members who are either family or relatives that are involved in the military. Those that have provided [the] freedoms that we have here in the United States, I feel like there’s room and opportunity to give something back.”
Donations will be accepted at any of Byron Bank’s three branches through November 23rd.
- Freeport city leads open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community
- Rockford man charged with Attempted Murder after roommate dispute turns violent
- Fans won’t be allowed at the Packers first two home games
- First Sign of Rain Could Come As Early as Saturday Morning
- Rockford parents choosing private school for full-time in-person learning