BYRON, Ill. (WTVO) — Many of our troops won’t be home for the holidays, so Byron Bank is accepting donations to send care packages to those serving overseas.
The bank is asking for donations of protein bars, beef jerky, instant coffee, and hygiene items.
Byron Bank President Brent Baker said, “In most small communities, we have members who are either family or relatives that are involved in the military. Those that have provided [the] freedoms that we have here in the United States, I feel like there’s room and opportunity to give something back.”
Donations will be accepted at any of Byron Bank’s three branches through November 23rd.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’