BYRON, Ill. (WTVO) — A local donation will help low income students in the Stateline.
Rotary Club of Byron gave a $2,000 grant to the Byron High School Food Pantry.
The storage area has mostly dry goods and hygiene products.
The money will be used to buy perishable goods, primarily fruit and vegetables, for students to take home to their families on weekends.
Everyday the pantry provides 30 students with snacks at Mary Morgan Elementary, and breakfast for 30 students at the high school.
- ‘Number 24 will never again be worn by a Dallas Maverick,’ owner Mark Cuban says after Kobe Bryant’s death
- Democrats demand Bolton testify at Trump’s impeachment trial
- Bryant’s helicopter flew in fog that grounded other choppers
- College baseball coach, daughter, and wife among 9 Killed in California helicopter crash
- Fans, celebrities react to death of retired NBA legend Kobe Bryant after crash