BYRON, Ill. (WTVO) — A local donation will help low income students in the Stateline.
Rotary Club of Byron gave a $2,000 grant to the Byron High School Food Pantry.
The storage area has mostly dry goods and hygiene products.
The money will be used to buy perishable goods, primarily fruit and vegetables, for students to take home to their families on weekends.
Everyday the pantry provides 30 students with snacks at Mary Morgan Elementary, and breakfast for 30 students at the high school.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor