BYRON, Ill. (WTVO) — A local donation will help low income students in the Stateline.
Rotary Club of Byron gave a $2,000 grant to the Byron High School Food Pantry.
The storage area has mostly dry goods and hygiene products.
The money will be used to buy perishable goods, primarily fruit and vegetables, for students to take home to their families on weekends.
Everyday the pantry provides 30 students with snacks at Mary Morgan Elementary, and breakfast for 30 students at the high school.
- Dolly Parton announces release date for Netflix Christmas movie
- Will Trump say ‘fake news’ or ‘China’ more?: Sportsbooks offer bets for presidential debate
- Local expert, undecided voters weigh in on impact of first presidential debate
- Local leaders search for ways to cut rising crime in Rolling Green neighborhood
- As mail-in ballots still find their way to local voters, there is still time to register