CALEDONIA, Ill. (WTVO) — A local manufacturer is an example in efficiency. When expansion spread it thin, literally, the company consolidated.
Quantum Designs new location, a 100,000 square foot building at 7550 Quantum Court, combined four locations into one.
Acquisitions over the years meant Quantum was working out of 4 different locations, including Rockford, Loves Park and South Beloit. The company moved into its new facility near Interstate 90 and 173 earlier this year.
Quantum has customers all over the world. The company makes computers and other components that control automation systems. Products are used in industries like food and beverage, aerospace and pharmaceuticals.
The move to the new facility is designed to make Quantum Design more efficient, the owners said.
“Suppliers, but also parts, inventory, employees,” said Quantum Design Vice President of Finance and Marketing Angie Ostler. “So we have some employees who have worked on one of the individual product lines, building a machine for example who have been able to learn about different machines and build different machines in order to be more diverse.”
Quantum has about 100 employees. It started with two, back in 1986.
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Illinois surpasses 200k cases of COVID-19, 24 additional deaths announced on Thursday
- Welsh Elementary Golden Apple winner says award is helping her become a better teacher