ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 22-year-old Michael Mallett was arrested Thursday after he allegedly fled from police, lost control of his vehicle and slammed into a home on Rose Avenue.
The incident happened around 1 p.m. in the 1100 block of Rose Avenue.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department says deputies spotted a car driven by “a suspicious person,” and as they went to stop the car, the driver took off at a high rate of speed before losing control of the vehicle and crashing into the house.
The family says a woman was home at the time of the accident, but was not hurt. .
Police say Mallett tried to run from the scene but was pursued by police on foot, and taken into custody.
The home has been condemned.
- Test your balance at Wesley Willows with their new technology
- ‘It is completely absurd’: Biden campaign disputes ‘ridiculous’ pre-debate rumors
- Popular YouTuber says he fired ‘warning shot’ after man showed up at his door in Arkansas
- NAMI shows us how to celebrate Mental Illness Awareness Week
- Disney to lay off 28,000 employees at its parks in California, Florida