ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A 30-year-old Cherry Valley woman is dead after being rear ended by a semi on I-90 early Saturday morning.
The Winnebago County Coroner says his office was notified of the crash around 2:07 a.m., which had occurred at mile marker 10 1/2 in Loves Park.
Illinois State Police say Tanicialle Brown was driving eastbound on I-90 in a pickup truck ran out of fuel, according to the Illinois State Police.
A FedEx semi then struck her from behind.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
A four year old female passenger was taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the FedEx truck was cited for Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident.
- ‘Glory Days’: East 1974 State Champions
- ‘Overtime’ spotlight: Boylan swimmer Nhia Caras
- Get To Know Hononegah’s Finley Hamilton
- Rockford group helping those in need fights to reopen after being shut down by city
- Retired Winnebago Co. Judge Rosemary Collins reacts to death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg