ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A 30-year-old Cherry Valley woman is dead after being rear ended by a semi on I-90 early Saturday morning.
The Winnebago County Coroner says his office was notified of the crash around 2:07 a.m., which had occurred at mile marker 10 1/2 in Loves Park.
Illinois State Police say Tanicialle Brown was driving eastbound on I-90 in a pickup truck ran out of fuel, according to the Illinois State Police.
A FedEx semi then struck her from behind.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
A four year old female passenger was taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the FedEx truck was cited for Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident.
- Officer told George Floyd: ‘It takes … a lot of oxygen to talk’
- Supreme Court expected to rule on Trump’s tax records today
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after 4-year-old son found adrift on boat in Southern California lake
- As other states’ COVID-19 cases spike health experts say Illinois’ future is in your hands
- Rockford Police Department looks to achieve top tier status in accreditation assessment