CHICAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — Admission is free to the Chicago Field Museum all through the month of February, and two other museums are offering select free days as well.
Tourism to the museums generally drops during the month of February, and the museums offer free days to draw visitors.
The Field Museum is offering free admission to all Illinois residents for all of February. Tickets can’t be purchased in advance and a photo ID or proof of residency is required.
The Shedd Aquarium is offering free admission each weekday in February. An ID is required, and tickets can be reserved for $3 online.
Febraury 3-7, 10-14, 17-21 and 24-28
Museum of Science and Industry
January 27-30; February 3-6, 10-13, 18-20, 24-27
February 4-6, 11-13, 17-20
- Animals killed in barn fire in McHenry County
- Cloud Cover Lingers into Thanksgiving, More Sunshine Ahead For Friday
- One killed, one injured in Thanksgiving morning shooting in Rockford
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets