SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. (WTVO) — 36-year-old Rontez Newman, of Chicago, was indicted Tuesday on forgery charges, accused of selling fake football tickets on Craigslist.
South Beloit Police say they became aware of the Craiglist scam in which Newman allegedly was attempting to sell fake Wisconsin Badger tickets for $600.
The victim said he arranged to meet Newman at a gas station in South Beloit on September 17th to buy the tickets, but when he called the ticket office later, he discovered they were fake.
Newman was arrested on a Forgery charge and taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
He faces up to 5 years in prison if convicted.
- Le-Win’s Arand, Winnebago’s Murphy express frustration over paused high school sports
- Web Extra: Full interview with Ric Arand on IHSA sports still being paused
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- My Take: Picking the NFL’s Divisional Playoff games
- Cubs agree to terms on contracts with three players